FEATURES OF BOLSTER YOGA
- 100% natural Bolster Yoga cushion in merino wool
- Dimensions: 25 x 60 cm
- Weight: 3.6 kg
- Garnished with buckwheat pods
- Removable with a zipper system
- A first cotton cover in which the buckwheat is contained
- A second outer wool cover machine washable at 30 °
- Easy to carry thanks to the handle on the cover
- Wool promotes relaxation and improves the ability to purify the air of harmful positive ions
- Certification OEKO-TEX: 1st label to guarantee the human-ecological qualities of textiles: free of toxic products for the body and the environment. (There is no organic standard for this type of product).
- Made in Europe (Lithuania)
WHAT IS A BOLSTER YOGA?
- Bolster means bolster in English, it is a rectangular or cylindrical cushion usually placed under the spine or under the bust.
- It is usually 60cm long and 25cm in diameter, in order to accommodate the entire upper body.
- Bolster yoga is a yoga and relaxation accessory that accompanies you during your practice of asanas (yoga postures) in the same way as a yoga strap or brick . It is part of the material to have to complete your kit of the perfect yogi!
- This pillow is perfectly suited for sports: it is often used for gentle yoga (Yin Yoga), relaxation, meditation, restorative yoga and prenatal yoga. Because it allows to realize positions of openings and stretches with more precision and comfort. The Dynamic yoga also use bolsters at the end of the session, during relaxation exercises. The Bolster Yogom allows beginners and experienced yogis a comfortable practice and listening to their bodily sensations.
- Indeed, this cushion is perfectly adapted to all: it allows you to adjust your positioning during your exercises, without injuring yourself.
- The use of the yoga bolster is comparable to that of zafu!
- Yoga bolsters, rectangular or cylindrical, can use different padding: buckwheat, spelt or kapok seeds or even clothes or linen…
- If you want to choose the padding of your yoga Bolster yourself, choose the
Yogom Bolster Filler Cover
REASONS TO USE A BOLSTER CUSHION
Yin Yoga: Achieving deeper stretches
- Using the Bolster cushion helps to improve posture and compensate for body stiffness and lack of flexibility.
- The yoga bolster compensates for flexibility in postures, especially during a Yin Yoga session.
- It allows you to hold postures longer.
- When you lean on this stable and comfortable cushion, you are more comfortable, more balanced and less bothered by the hardness of the floor, you can enter a state of relaxation and let gravity act.
- Little by little you will realize that you will go a little further in a stretch.
- If you practice Yin Yoga, it is one of the essential accessories of this type of yoga as gentle as it is intense. The yoga bolster is used in many positions lying on your back, twisting lying on the bolster, placed under the knees in a relaxation position, or under the pelvis to stretch the psoas, or to rest your head on it in all forward leaning floor postures. It will allow you to correct your posture and deepen your stretching.
Relieve back pain
- This cushion is an indispensable support, especially when you have back pain.
- Even if you do not yet practice Yin Yoga you can lie on bolster yoga even 2 to 3 minutes (or more) a day.
- Lying on your back with the yoga bolster along the spine. Stretching and relaxing effect guaranteed!
- The bolster can help you relax the spine, cervical, lumbar …
Relaxation and Restorative Yoga
- Stretch and relax in relaxation positions
- The yoga bolster is the indispensable ally of warm-up and stretching sessions, it allows to extend the limbs of the body, and to gain flexibility without injury.
- You practice relaxation and/or restorative yoga ? Just like in Yin Yoga exercises, relaxation, meditation, pilates and restorative yoga postures use a lot of bolster which can allow a relaxation of the body more global. (lying posture of savasana with the bolster under the feet, under the knees or under the pelvis).
- The yoga bolster is perfect to progress and evolve in the practice of yoga.
- It is one of the yoga accessories that facilitate the execution of certain yoga postures by offering starting or receiving help depending on the asana performed.
- It also allows you to gain flexibility without injury.
- If you place your bolster in the right place, it will activate the deep muscles of your body.
The bolster is a yoga accessory that allows the body to regain vital energy but also to increase the metabolism of its body.
It provides relaxation and therapeutic openings that stimulate the circulation of energies.
It facilitates digestion and relaxes the nervous system, relieves the lumbar and frees the body from negative emotions.
The yoga cushion also helps to boost the circulation of blood in the body and thus better supply the organs with well-oxygenated blood.
HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR YOGA BOLSTER?
There are several purchase criteria for a yoga bolster:
Quality : the yoga cushion must be made with quality materials so that it does not sag or tear and does not irritate the skin.
Stability and ergonomics: The padding should ensure the comfort and durability of the cushion, it can be made of buckwheat husks, spelt ball or kapok. Choose upholstery made with ecological and sustainable products, or make your own bolster with the Yogom bolster filler cover.
Washable and resistant: The cushion cover must be able to be removed in order to be washed but also adjusted in terms of height or firmness. It is important to choose a good quality pillow, so you don’t have to change it regularly.
Its shape: there are several types of bolsters. The yoga cushion can be cylindrical or rectangular. The cylindrical yoga bolster is also called yoga bolster because of its shape. It is the ideal accessory to easily perform opening, stretching or restorative postures. You can place it under your legs during the Savasana position or along your spine: it perfectly fits the shape of your body.
The rectangular yoga bolster Can be used on the 2 slices: laid flat or on the side, depending on your flexibility or the type of posture. It can also be used as a meditation cushion at the end of a yoga session.
Its manufacture: it is important to choose a yoga cushion made from environmentally friendly materials and made in Europe, in order to avoid polluting gas emissions during the delivery of the product.
3 examples of postures to perform with a Yoga Bolster:
Corpse posture or Savasana
- Lie down on your yoga mat, spreading your legs slightly, with the tips of your feet facing outward.
- Rest your arms along your body with the palms of your hands facing up.
- Place a yoga pillow under your knees to help open your hips and relax your lower body.
- Breathe slowly while closing your eyes.
Butterfly posture on the back or Supta-baddha-konāsana
1.Sit on your yoga mat, bend your knees and lay your feet flat on the floor.
2. Place a yoga pillow behind your ischium
3. Lie on your back slowly, making sure your head and back are supported by the bolster.
4. Place your legs in the lotus posture: fold your legs and open them (V-shaped), stick the soles of your feet together).
5. Perform a series of yogic breaths while leaving your arms relaxed on the sides with their palms facing the floor.
Candle posture or Sarvangâsana
- Lie down on your yoga mat, and adopt the posture of the half-bridge.
- Inhale and lift your legs slowly, stretch them out while pressing your hands on the mat.
- Lift your trunk and place a bolster (preferably rectangular) under your buttocks and back to support your lumbar.
- Take slow, deep breaths.
Want to enrich your yoga equipment? Discover the Presentation of all yoga accessories and the criteria for choosing the right equipment. (lot, straps, zafu, cushions…)
Receive a free strap with the purchase of a Yogom rug!
Are you looking for the most suitable yoga mat for your practice? Reply to the Yogom quiz to find which yoga mat suits you! You will inevitably find your happiness, according to your needs: Yogom mats are suitable for all types of exercises: yoga, fitness, pilates and even meditation.
Respect for the environment and nature is very important to Yogom, which is why yoga items are made with sustainable and eco-friendly materials such as cotton or cork. Yogom products are certified ecological and offer superior quality, at the right price!
Take advantage of fast delivery on a wide range of accessories for the discipline of sport (yoga, meditation, pilates …).