The Yogom Yoga Strap is eco-friendly because it is made of cotton. It is long and wide enough to distribute the pressure on your body without hurting you. It has a loop so you don’t have to create nodes. As a bonus: it is available in 6 colors, which is very convenient to match or mix it with your yoga mat and all your other accessories!
Why use a yoga strap?
- The yoga strap is a good tool to use whatever your level in yoga, but especially if you are starting out or are continually looking to improve.
- A stretching strap allows you to perform the postures without injuring yourself.
- Over the course of its use, you gain ease in the postures.
- It allows you to gain flexibility gently and without forcing your body.
- The yoga strap often acts as an extension of your arms and therefore allows you to perform postures even before you have the necessary flexibility.
- As you practice, the postures will become more and more aligned and easy for you.
- The use of a stretching strap allows you to respect the alignment of postures required in certain types of yoga.
- It prevents you from sagging and bad twists due to a lack of flexibility.
- For the confirmed, the straps are used to warm up the muscles and all the tissues, at the beginning of the session, before performing advanced postures that require preparation.
How to use a yoga strap?
- There are plenty of ways to use a yoga strap, whether in sitting or standing postures.
- You have the choice to simply pass the strap around an area of the body and hold each end of the strap, or use the metal ring to loop around the body area and be able to release a hand.
- The most classic use of the strap is in the Sitting posture of the pliers : If you can’t grab your feet in front of you with your hands, simply slide the strap behind your feet, stretch your legs, then adjust the length of the strap to work on your flexibility without compressing or bending your back.
- It allows you to bring the bust closer to the legs without compressing the lower back.
- Sitting, the yoga strap also allows you to perform the cow’s head posture, which consists of connecting your hands between your shoulder blades, so as to open the chest on the side of the upper arm, in case you do not yet touch your hands between them.
- Standing, the yoga strap helps us especially in balance postures, such as the posture of the arm extended to the big toe: in this posture we create a balance to be able to catch his big toe with the arm, having the leg stretched on one side. In this case, a strap prevents you from bending to the side to compensate, and as a bonus from losing your balance.
- You can also perform exactly the same posture, but on the ground! It is also often used to perform the posture of the dancer.
- But in everyday life, the strap makes it possible to perform simple stretches When you get out of bed when you wake up or after an intense day at work: the stretch everyone knows is where you stretch your arms above your head by grabbing both ends of the strap, and stretch your shoulders and back, leaning to one side and then the other.
- The strap has another hidden use: it is used to Carry your yoga mat ! If you do not have a bag provided for this purpose, you can always make two loops with the strap at both ends of the yoga mat, and voila: you can wear the mat slung over your shoulder or on the shoulder.
If you need a strap you will probably also need yoga bricks ? Discover all the yoga accessories in our comparative article to know the ones you need and especially how to choose them and where to buy them!
Find more than 100 yoga videos online:
Discover our Youtube channel with many yoga sessions using yoga accessories such as yoga brick or yoga strap for stretching postures: Yogom Youtube channel