The Star yoga mat is an ideal mat for yogis who are adept at dynamic, intense, but also soft and meditative yoga. It is both Non-slip, stable, comfortable and environmentally friendly thanks to its natural rubber base and polyurethane coating. It is perfectly suited to a practice Occasional and daily, on all types of surfaces : grass, earth, sand… This yoga mat is durable, it is made from solid and ecological materials, and it is offered at the right price! Enjoy fast delivery and a free yoga mat carrying strap with the Star yoga mat!
Technical characteristics of the Star yoga mat
- Dimensions: extra large 183×68 cm.
- Thickness and weight: 4mm thick and a weight of 2.8kg
- Ecological composition: natural rubber base and polyurethane coating. Be careful, if you are allergic to Latex, prefer the TPE yoga mat from the Yomad Range.
- Usage : it is perfect for all types of yoga on any surface but avoid practicing with sneakers so as not to damage its surface. If you want to practice an intensive practice such as fitness or Pilates with sneakers, opt for the yoga mat of the Performance Range.
- Performance : this product has excellent foot and hand grip thanks to its absorbent polyurethane coating, but also good ground stability thanks to its natural rubber base that is both sufficiently heavy, dense and non-slip.
- Bodyline system: markings on the feet and hands improve the positioning of the body on the yoga mat
- Transport : this product is rollable, a mat carrying strap is offered with the purchase of the yoga mat and you can get the Yogom cotton mat carrying bag to protect it and take it everywhere with you, at the yoga studio, at the beach, on a trip!
- Maintenance : This yoga mat is not suitable for going to the washing machine, it must be cleaned regularly with a microfiber cloth soaked in cold soapy water. Do not use hot water or essential oils and do not apply cream or mask on your hair before using the carpet as greasy substances could stain the carpet. You can, however, use Yogom Yoga Water to refresh and perfume your mat between uses.
- Storage: roll up your yoga mat, the polyurethane coating should be outwards so as not to wrinkle it, then store it in a dry space, without direct contact with the sun or dust and out of reach of your pets.
The 3 advantages of the Star yoga mat
1- An absorbent and ultra-non-slip surface
The Star yoga mat has a Polyurethane coating: a particularly absorbent material with a gum touch, which offers excellent adhesion feet and hands on the carpet. With this type of coating, you will not slip a centimeter in the posture of the dog upside down: it is the must in terms of grip! You will be able to progress in your gentle, dynamic, intense or static yoga practice without the risk of injury.
2- A yoga mat that brings comfort to the practice
The Star yoga mat is particularly comfortable, it has a thickness of 4mm, which is more than enough for a comfortable practice and without risk of injury in postures that involve a pronounced body support on the ground. In addition, the gum texture of its coating is very pleasant to the touch and its extra large dimensions (183 cm x 68 cm), will bring ease to your gentle yoga practices such as Yin or Nidra Yoga.
3- A rubber base that offers great stability
The yoga mat of the Star Range has a quality rubber base that has a perfect grip and excellent stability on the ground. Indeed, its base is heavy enough to bring weight and therefore stability to the mat, but also very dense so that you do not sink into your balance postures. With this yoga mat, you will be able to practice with serenity practices that require jumps, balances and even postures on the ground!
What practices is the Star Yoga Mat made for?
Occasional or daily yoga practices, both indoors and outdoors
The yoga mat of the Star Range, is the ideal yoga mat: it can be used occasionally as daily, for all types of yoga and on all surfaces. It has a rubber base of excellent quality: flexible, dense, resistant, which will allow you to practice on grass, concrete, sand or snow! Its polyurethane coating is very non-slip, but it is fragile, which is why it is not recommended to practice an intense sport such as fitness, Pilates or gym with sneakers, so as not to damage it.
In addition, it is suitable for all yogi profiles, beginner as well as expert, whether you sweat or not.
Dynamic and intensive yoga practices
This yoga mat is particularly suitable for dynamic practices that require a lot of stability such as Vinyasa, Ashtanga, Bikram. Its polyurethane coating allows you to maintain postures without slipping during your sequences, thanks to its quality gum touch. In addition, its natural rubber base brings significant stability to the ground, the yoga tapi will not deform and will not peel off the ground as can be the case with PVC yoga mats. However, if you are allergic to latex opt for the Yomad Range in hypoallergenic TPE foam.
Gentle and static yoga practice
The yoga mat is thick and comfortable enough to allow you to perform your gentle yoga and meditation sessions in the best conditions. The gum touch of its coating is pleasant to the touch, which will bring a lot of comfort to your practice. In addition, its grip allows you to perform many static postures as in Hatha Yoga, without the risk of slipping a centimeter, in the posture of the dog upside down for example!
Why use bodyline design?
Yogom’s bodyline system allows you to progress quickly and efficiently while taking care of his body. It allows you toAdjust the alignment and positioning of your body on your yoga mat thanks to markers present on its coating at the ends and center. This system has many advantages:
- It allows you to improve the placement of your body on the yoga mat, in order to obtain a more rigorous and precise alignment, which allows you to perform certain asanas with more ease, especially in Iyengar Yoga.
- The Bodyline System gives the opportunity to stay focused on your breath when performing exercises such as sequences of postures, in order to take full advantage of the bodily and mental benefits of your discipline.
- The practice of yoga provides access to many physiological benefits, improves inner alignment and muscles the body. Only to benefit from all these benefits, it is necessary to adopt a good physical positioning.
This system is effective in all circumstances, regardless of your profile, your level of practice, your age, your height or your body size… It is present on the yoga mats of the Yomad, Voyage, Star, Performance and Liège range! In addition, its presence on the yoga mat has no impact on the price of the product!
For more information on these yoga mats, visit the Star Range guide
Learn more about making our yoga mats
This product is not only the most non-slip yoga mat on the market, it is also eco-responsible: it is designed with ecological, recyclable and sustainable materials, which do not contain any substances harmful to health, the environment or animal welfare. Indeed, the Star yoga mat has various European and international certifications (SGS, Hermes Hansecontrol Group …) however this yoga mat is not organic, because there is no organic standard for this type of product. At Yogom, everything is designed so that the environmental impact of each purchase is as low as possible, that’s what do we choose to wrap our products in a plastic film before sending it in a cardboard box with a leaflet made of biodegradable kraft paper. Although the Star yoga mat is made in China, its delivery until France is carried out by boat, which is the least polluting delivery system. It is not easy to offer quality and eco-responsible yoga mats and accessories at a low price, which is why Yogom offers items on sale all year round in the corner of bargains!
carrying straps offered!
Take advantage of fast delivery and a carrying strap offered with the purchase of your Yogom yoga mat!
Yogom products are of very good quality, 100% eco-responsible sustainable and offered at the right price: the yoga mats of the Yomad, Performance, Star, Travel matte and Douceur ranges are made from ecological materials such as Cork, TPE, cotton or Merino sheep’s wool.
To protect and carry your mast everywhere with you, even when traveling, get the Yogom cotton yoga mat carrying bag.
To help you make the best choices of yoga mats, Yogom has created a blog with many articles and user guides that will allow you to select the yoga mat best suited to your needs. Also enjoy a YouTube playlist containing many videos that will give you more explanations regarding Yogom yoga mat ranges. Do not hesitate to consult it and give us your opinion!