The Star yoga mat is perfectly suited to a gentle, dynamic, intense yoga practice, but also meditation. He has many technical skills: stability, comfort, grip thanks to its polyurethane coating and thick rubber base. It is suitable for a practice Occasionally as daily, on all types of soil: sand, earth, concrete … This yoga mat will be in accordance with your needs and desires but also your convictions, it is made from ecological, sustainable materials, and it is offered at the right price! Enjoy free shipping and a free yoga mat carrying strap with your Star yoga mat!
Technical characteristics of the Star 5 mm yoga mat
- Dimensions: extra large 183×68 cm.
- Thickness and weight: 5mm thick and a weight of 3.2kg (the other Star Carpets at 95 € and 108 € are 4 mm for 2.8kg)
- Ecological composition: it is designed with a natural rubber base as well as a polyurethane coating. However, if you are allergic to Latex, opt for the TPE yoga mat of the Yomad range.
- Usage : it is suitable for all styles of yoga and all surfaces, but it is not recommended to practice with shoes so as not to damage its coating. If you want to practice a sport such as fitness or Pilates with basketballs, prefer the yoga mat of the Performance range.
- Performance : This product has excellent stability thanks to the weight, grip and density provided by its natural rubber base, but also excellent adhesion of the feet and hands thanks to its absorbent polyurethane coating. In addition, its thickness of 5 mm brings ease to practice, because comfort is priceless!
- Transport : This product is rollable: the rubber base must be inwards and polyurethane coating outwards. In addition, a mat carrying strap is offered with the purchase of the Star yoga mat, you can get the Yogom cotton mat carrying bag to take it everywhere with you: at the studio as well as when traveling, but also protect it from moisture, dust …
If you are looking for a travel yoga mat, prefer the mat of the Travel range.
- Maintenance : This yoga mat does not go to the washing machine, it must be cleaned after each use with a sponge soaked in cold soapy water. It is not recommended to use hot water or essential oils, and be careful not to apply moisturizer or mask to your hair before using the yoga mat as fatty substances could stain it. To refresh and perfume your yoga mat between uses, you can use Yogom Yoga Water.
- Storage: Store your yoga mat in a dry place, without contact with sunlight, dust, moisture and out of reach of your pet.
The 3 advantages of the yoga mat of the Star range
1- An ultra non-slip and absorbent surface
The yoga mat of the Star Range offers excellent grip of the feet and hands thanks to its polyurethane coating: the must in terms of grip. This material is particularly absorbent, with a natural and pleasant gum touch, with this coating, you will no longer slip into the posture of the downward facing dog, it is the Most non-slip yoga mat on the market ! This yoga mat will allow you to progress effectively in your gentle, dynamic, intense and even static yoga practices safely, whether you sweat or not !
2- A thick yoga mat for more comfort
The Star yoga mat brings a lot of comfort to your practice thanks to its thickness of 5mm, it allows you to perform many postures without risk of injury, especially when it comes to exercises involving pronounced body support on the ground.
In addition, its extra large dimensions (183 cm x 68 cm) and the natural gum touch of its coating, bring a lot of ease to your soft yoga sessions such as Yin or Nidra Yoga.
3- The stability of its rubber base
The yoga mat of the Star Range has excellent grip and stability on the ground thanks to the weight and density of its quality natural rubber base. Indeed, with this yoga mat, you can exercise with confidence, because its stability brings a lot of security to all your yoga practices, especially those that involve performing sequences, jumps, balances or postures on the ground. This yoga mat is the must in terms of grip!
What practices is the Star Yoga Mat made for?
Occasional or daily yoga practices, both indoors and outdoors
It is suitable for all profiles of yogis, regardless of age, level or build, or tendency to sweat. It can quite be used in a way Daily and occasional, for all styles of yoga and on all types of floor. Indeed, the strength, density, flexibility and solidity of its natural rubber baseIt gives you the opportunity to practice on sand, concrete, snow or grass! In addition, the Star range mat is the most non-slip Yogom yoga mat thanks to its polyurethane coating, a particularly absorbent material, but also fragile. It is not recommended to use the yoga mat with sneakers for intense sports practices such as fitness, gym or Pilates, so as not to damage it.
Dynamic and intensive yoga practices
This yoga mat is ideal for yoga practices that require some stability, such as Ashtanga, Bikram or Vinyasa Yoga. Grip and stability Brought by its rubber-touch coating and its non-slip base allow you to maintain postures without the risk of slipping. The Star Yoga Mat does not peel off the ground, stretch or deform, as could be the case for poor quality yoga mats like PVC ones. Be careful, rubber contains latex, if you are allergic to it, prefer the hypoallergenic TPE foam yoga mat from the Yomad Range.
Gentle and static yoga practice
With the yoga mat of the Star range, you can carry out your gentle yoga and meditation sessions in the best conditions, thanks to its thickness of 5mm and the gum texture of its polyurethane coating, Particularly pleasant to the touch. You will be able to lie on the yoga mat and enjoy the benefits of your practice in comfort. The materials used for its manufacture are naturally non-slip and adherent to the floor, which makes you will allow you to perform many static postures without slipping a centimeter, as required by the practice of Hatha Yoga for example.
For more information, visit the Star Range Guide
Learn more about making our yoga mats
The Star mat is the most non-slip yoga mat sold on the market but not only, it is also 100% eco-responsible: the materials used for its manufacture are all ecological, recyclable and sustainable. It has various European and international certifications (SGS, Hermes Hansecontrol Group…) which attest to the absence of products harmful to health, the environment and even animal welfare. These products are not organic, because there is no organic standard for this type of product. From design to delivery, everything is designed to ensure that the environmental impact of each purchase of Yogom products is as low as possible, which is why yoga mats and accessories are wrapped in plastic film and then shipped in a cardboard box. The Star yoga mat is made in China, its delivery to the France is carried out by sea, the least polluting delivery system.
If you are looking for a quality and ecological yoga mat or accessories at a low price, Yogom offers items on sale in the corner of bargains all year round!
Delivery and transport straps offered!
At Yogom, you benefit from free shipping and a free carrying strap for the purchase of a yoga mat!
Yogom products are of very good quality, they are made from ecological materials such as Cork, TPE, cotton or Merino sheep’s wool. These yoga mats are therefore 100% eco-responsible sustainable and offered at the right price: yoga mats from the Yomad, Performance, Star, Travel mat and Douceur ranges.
Get the Yogom cotton yoga mat carrying bag, it is the ideal carrying bag to protect and carry your mat everywhere with you, at the studio or even on the trip!
Yogom has created a blog with many articles and user guides, to help you make the best choices of yoga mats, these articles will allow you to select the yoga mat most suited to your needs and beliefs. Discover also the Yogom youtube playlist , it contains many videos that will give you more information about Yogom yoga mat ranges. Do not hesitate to consult the blog and give us your opinion!