The Performance yoga mat is very versatile: It is efficient, sustainable and ecological. This product is perfect for all types of sport: yoga, fitness, gym, Pilates… Indeed, the flexibility and density of its Natural rubber base Non-slip allows you to Use it on all types of soil (grass, earth, sand) with great ease! And the strength and softness of its textile microfiber coating allows you to Practice comfortably with or without basketball. Enjoy a yoga mat carrying strap offered with the Performance yoga mat!
Technical characteristics of the Performance yoga mat
- Dimensions: extra large 183×68 cm.
- Thickness and weight: 4mm thick and a weight of 2.8kg
- Ecological composition : natural rubber base and textile microfiber coating. Be careful, if you are allergic to Latex, prefer the TPE yoga mat of the Yomad range .
- Use: it is perfect for all types of practice: yoga, fitness, Pilates, sport and can be used on any surface, with or without basketball.
- Performance : this product has excellent ground stability thanks to its natural rubber base that is both heavy enough, dense and non-slip (if you tend to sweat) and comfortable thanks to its textile microfiber coating with a peach skin touch
- Bodyline system: markings on the feet and hands improve the positioning of the body on the yoga mat
- Transport : this product is rollable or foldable in three, a mat carrying strap is offered with the purchase of the yoga mat and you can get the Yogom cotton mat carrying bag to protect it and take it everywhere with you!
- Maintenance : it must be cleaned regularly with a cloth soaked in soapy water, essential oils or scented Yoga Water. This yoga mat is not suitable for going to the washing machine. For a thorough cleaning, pass the yoga mat under a jet of water (shower, garden hose …) without using toxic or chemical products. Once the yoga mat is clean, spread it out in the open air but without direct contact with sunlight or high temperature so as not to damage its textile microfiber coating or rubber base.
Be careful, this yoga mat is highly recommended for people who tend to sweat: The adhesion of its textile microfiber coating is activated in contact with perspiration! If this is not your case and you do not find the non-slip mat, you can moisten it slightly with water before your session or prefer the non-slip yoga mat of the Star range : the must in terms of grip!
The 3 advantages of the Performance yoga mat
1- A soft surface like velvet with a natural touch
It’s a change from plastic yoga mats that stick and smell bad!
The yoga mat of the Performance Range has a textile microfiber coating to the touch of peach skin Very pleasant that will significantly improve the comfort of your practice. In addition to its Natural touch, it also has many advantages: it is very easy to maintain, waterproof, non-messy.
2- A foldable coating
More comfort for your joints and easier transport!
The yoga mat of the Performance Range is made from a natural rubber that is very strong, but flexible enough to fold. You can fold your yoga mat on itself without fear that it will be damaged! This feature is very appreciable for people who suffer from joints, because it allows them to create a double layer, at the knees for example. The practice of yoga often involves pronounced body support that can sometimes be uncomfortable, so this double thickness is a real plus.
In addition, this flexibility is a real advantage for people who want to take their yoga mats everywhere with them. : in the studio as well as on a trip! Indeed, globetrotting yogis can quite Fold this yoga mat in 3 to easily store it in their suitcase, and continue to progress in their practice wherever they are.
3- A yoga mat that does not get damaged with sneakers!
The Performance yoga mat is the most versatile mat sold by Yogom! This product is the only yoga mat on which you can practice with sneakers on any type of surface. Indeed, this yoga mat has a very resistant textile microfiber coating, which will not be damaged in contact with your soles, so you can practice without fear of damaging your yoga mat!
What practices is the Performance Yoga Mat made for?
Occasional or intensive practices, both indoors and outdoors
The yoga mat of the Performance Range is the ideal yoga mat: very versatile, it can be used occasionally as daily, for all types of practice and on all surfaces. So you can do yoga, fitness, gym, Pilates or meditation on the parquet or tile floor of your living room or in the grass, sand or snow.
Dynamic and intensive yoga practices
This yoga mat is designed to support a dynamic and intensive yoga practice that requires a certain fluidity of movement such as Vinyasa Yoga, Ashtanga or Hot Yoga. This product is also non-slip: its textile microfiber coating gives adhesion to the yoga mat, especially if you tend to sweat, it slows down movement without blocking it. In addition, the thickness and density of its natural rubber base bring comfort to your dynamic yoga sessions, especially when they require jumps, balance postures or that require pronounced body support.
Gentle practices and meditation
This product is also suitable for gentle yoga or meditation practice, its surface is soft and comfortable with its natural peach skin touch, ideal for yoga practices such as Yin Yoga, Kundalini Yoga, Nidra Yoga, Iyengar Yoga. The extra large dimensions of the yoga mat of the Performance Range (183×68cm) and its thickness (4 mm) bring space and ease to these styles of yoga that involve adopting sitting or lying postures.
What is the purpose of bodyline design on the yoga mat?
Yogom’s bodyline system allows you to adjust your positioning and body alignment on your yoga mat using markers on its coating in the center and extremities. This system gives the possibility to Progress quickly and efficiently while listening to your body, it has many advantages:
- It facilitates the realization of many asanas: it allows you to place your body more precisely and rigorously on the yoga mat without making any particular effort.
- This system gives the opportunity to take full advantage of all the benefits of your practice, to stay focused on your breath, especially when it comes to exercises requiring a sequence of asanas.
- Physical positioning is very important in the practice of yoga because it allows access to the physiological benefits of postures and also improves inner alignment and bodybuilding.
This system is not reserved for beginners, it is effective in all circumstances, regardless of the technical characteristics of the yoga mat (thickness, grip on the ground …) or the age, physical form, size, build or experience of the practitioner.
In addition, be aware that the presence of the bodyline system present on Yogom yoga mats has no impact on the price of the product!
For more information on these yoga mats, visit the Performance Range guide!
Learn more about making our yoga mats
This product is also one of the most eco-responsible and ecological yoga mats sold on the market, it is made in China only from ecological and non-toxic materials: recyclable and sustainable. This yoga mat is not organic because there is no organic standard for this type of product, however it has many European and international certifications (Hermes Hansecontrol Group, SGS.) These certifications attest to the absence of substances harmful to the environment, health or animal welfare. Its packaging is also eco-responsible: it is simply wrapped in plastic film and then sent in a cardboard box with a biodegradable kraft paper leaflet. Its delivery to the France is carried out by sea, which is the least polluting delivery system. However, it is difficult to offer quality products, resistant, comfortable and eco-responsible, ecological at a low price, which is why some yoga mats and accessories are on sale all year round in the corner of bargains.
Free carrying strap!
Take advantage of a free carrying strap with the purchase of your Yogom yoga mat!
Yogom products are of very good quality, 100% eco-responsible sustainable and offered at the right price: the carpets of the Yomad, Performance, Star, Travel matte and Douceur ranges are made from ecological materials such as Cork, TPE, cotton or Merino sheep’s wool. Price: from 30€ to 125€: all wallets should find their happiness!
To protect and carry your mat everywhere with you, get the Yogom cotton yoga mat carrying bag.
To help you make the best choices of yoga mats, Yogom has created a blog with many articles and user guides that will allow you to select the yoga mat best suited to your needs. Also enjoy a YouTube playlist containing many videos that will give you more explanations about Yogom yoga mat ranges!