What is the main interest of the meditation cushion?
The Meditation Zafu (or Yoga Cushion) is a yoga product that can be useful if you want to practice meditation occasionally or regularly. in comfort. Indeed to meditate It is advisable to have the knees that touch the ground in the lotus position (knee position cross-legged) in order to have a straight back and a well-aligned posture. Sitting on our Zen meditation cushions will help you achieve this posture properly and the wool will add a comfortable touch. But this practical and beautiful accessory also has many other possibilities of use in the practice of yoga in particular.
DISCOVER 4 USES FOR YOUR MEDITATION ZAFU
- Meditation cushion
- Decorative Zafu in your living room
- Cushion to eat or work on the floor (stay in the Zen spirit of yoga!)
- Alternative to yoga brick or bolster yoga (you can rest your head on our zafus in a relaxation position, or place the cushion at the bottom of your back lying on it to relax the lumbar and psoas).
TECHNICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF MEDITATION ZAFU
- 100% natural merino wool Zafu. This meditation cushion is even softer and more comfortable than your pillow. There is no organic standard for this product but we do our utmost to offer an ecological, environmentally friendly product.
- Dimensions of the meditation cushion: 13 x 30 cm
- Weight: 2.3kg
- Zafu topped with buckwheat pods
- Removable yoga cushion with a zipper system to add or remove buckwheat pods as needed, allowing you to manage zafu thickness and fit your body
- Meditation Zafu easy to carry thanks to its handle. Ideal for travel.
- Outer cover of the yoga cushion in machine washable wool at 30 °
- Inner cover of cotton zafu
There are different cushions filled with kapok fiber, spelt husk and buckwheat husk, each have their characteristics.
- Kapok : Kapok is a wool derived from the kapokier. It is hypoallergenic and ecological. The seat is not dense but comfortable.
- Buckwheat: Buckwheat is the firmest and densest stuffing seed (even more so than kapok). It allows a very stable seat, your yoga cushion will keep its original shape longer and will allow you a very stable seat.
- Skin : The spelt husk, obtained after shelling the seed, has anti-allergic properties and does not retain moisture. Spelt is known to be firm, your cushions will be stable allowing a straight posture with less comfort.
For our meditation cushion, we prefer ecological wool to organic cotton because it requires less water and is therefore more environmentally friendly. We also preferred buckwheat pods to kapok fibers or spelt to garnish our yoga cushions. Our choices are made to improve the quality and comfort of our product during your yoga.
In addition, the soft wool side of your cushion will allow you to return to a state of meditation quickly compared to a standard cotton cushion model. The natural touch of our product is favored and like all our yoga accessories, this model is designed to ally aesthetically with your environment in a natural and zen way.
Other forms of zafu
Design: There are 3 meditation cushion designs, the meditation zafu (round), the half-moon cushion and the square yoga cushion
- Meditation Zafu : The traditional zafu we offer is round in shape, it allows great versatility in the practice of meditation and yoga
- Half-moon cushion: This cushion adapts well to the shape of the body
- Square yoga cushion : close to zafu, the square model is practical for travel but does not offer as much comfort.
Tips for use for this meditation product
Zen meditation is a great complement to your yoga, pilates or fitness practice (and all sports in general), meditating allows you to recharge your batteries mentally and physically. This activity helps you work on your posture and gain comfort during your yoga sessions.
The Yoga cushion can be used to meditate but also for the practice of yoga and pilates.
- The first meditation posture is to sit lightly at the edge of the zafu and open your knees to come and place your heels in the center. The cushion makes it possible to raise the hips and gain comfort.
- The second posture requires sitting in the middle of the meditation cushion, putting both feet back and knees forward, which also provides better comfort. (You are sitting buttocks on heels).
Replace a cork block with a meditation zafu for the pigeon posture to reduce tension as well as for the chair posture to hold the cushion forward and send energy to the fingertips. He will optimize this Yoga posture.
The cushion can be useful for the practice of pilates to achieve sequences more precisely.
We preferred a model of padded buckwheat pod cushion, which will be more versatile than kapok or spelt for your yoga practice. You can use a zabuton or futon in addition to this cushion for your meditation.
ECOFRIENDLY FEATURES OF TRADITIONAL MEDITATION ZAFU
- The eco-friendly wool in our yoga cushions promotes relaxation and improves the ability of this product to purify the air of harmful positive ions. Fabric items such as cotton do not have these characteristics.
- OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certification (1st label to guarantee the human-ecological qualities of textiles: accessories free of toxic products for the body and the environment)
- Zafu made in Europe (Lithuania) to facilitate delivery in France
- Learn more about the yoga products in the Douceur Range
- Discover other meditation accessories
Want to learn more about guided meditation ? Discover our article dedicated to Mindfulness meditation.
We combine a quality ecological yoga product and a good price to allow you to develop your journey around the Yoga universe. In the moonlight and under starry skies, use our model for meditation and live your Zen yoga moment to the fullest!