The 6th chakra, called Ajna or third eye chakra, is located between the eyebrows and is associated with consciousness, understanding and clairvoyance. It is a center of extrasensory perception, truth perception and intuitive understanding.
A well-harmonized Ajna can help with decision making, concentration, meditation and clairvoyance. However, a blockage or imbalance in this chakra can lead to problems such as confusion, difficulty concentrating, depression and emotional blindness.
To heal and harmonize this chakra, you can practice mindfulness, visualize a blue light, do yoga, use essential oils such as lavender or chamomile, or wear stones such as amethyst or lapis lazuli. It is important to work on the opening of this chakra to develop your intuition and your awakening.
Discover in this article the symptoms of imbalance and how to harmonize it through several disciplines.
What is the symbol of the third eye chakra Ajna?
The symbol of the Ajna chakra is usually represented by two intertwined spirals, surrounded by a circle and a dot in its center, symbolizing unity and consciousness. The spirals represent the duality of the material and spiritual world, while the point represents the supreme unity and the divine awakening. The circle represents infinity and totality. The colors associated with this chakra are dark blue or indigo.
The 7 chakras are energy centers located along the spine in the human body. Each chakra corresponds to a specific area of the body and is associated with particular psychic and emotional functions. The 7 chakras are the following:
- Root Chakra or Muladhara – represents stability, security and survival
- Sacral Chakra or Svadhisthana – represents creativity, sexuality and vital energy
- Solar plexus or Manipura chakra – represents confidence, will and self-esteem
- Heart Chakra or Anahata – represents love, compassion and connection
- Throat Chakra or Vishuddha – represents self-expression, communication and creativity
- Third eye or Ajna chakra – represents intuition, wisdom and consciousness.
- Crown Chakra or Sahasrara – represents self-awareness, spirituality and connection to the universe.
When the chakras are open and in harmony, energy can flow freely, which can lead to physical, emotional and spiritual well-being. On the other hand, if the chakras are blocked or out of balance, it can cause physical, emotional and spiritual problems.
What are the symptoms of a closed third eye chakra?
This closed Chakra can cause various bodily, emotional and mental symptoms. Here are some common signs of a closed 3rd Eye Chakra:
- Migraines or headaches
- Vision or sleep problems
- Impaired memory or concentration
- Impaired decision making and perception
- Lack of confidence and self-assurance
- Difficulty in understanding and using knowledge
- Feeling isolated and disconnected from others
It is important to note that these symptoms can be caused by other medical or emotional problems, and that yoga or mindfulness to harmonize the 3rd eye should not replace professional medical advice.
What are the symptoms of an open and balanced 6th Ajna chakra?
An open Ajna Chakra can bring various benefits to the heart, emotions and mind. Here are some common signs of an open Ajna Chakra:
- Better understanding of self and others
- Increased clairvoyance, intuition and awareness
- Ability to make clear choices and decisions
- Better memory and concentration
- Increased perception and understanding of knowledge
- Increased self-confidence and assurance
- Less stress and confusion
It is important to note that yoga or meditation to harmonize the Ajna Chakra can help reinforce and maintain these benefits, but a holistic approach including a healthy diet, sufficient sleep and regular physical activity can also contribute to optimal well-being.
How to balance the third eye chakra Ajna?
Here are some ways to harmonize the Ajna Chakra:
- Meditation and yoga practice – Practices such as mindfulness on the Ajna Chakra, yoga to balance the third eye and the practice of yoga positions such as Sirsasana (headstand) can help harmonize this chakra.
- Regular exercise – Regular exercise can improve blood circulation, which can help harmonize this Chakra.
- Healthy eating – A healthy, harmonized diet can help provide the nutrients needed to support a healthy body and mind.
- Stress Reduction – Stress reduction can help calm the mind and promote mental clarity.
- Connecting with Nature – Spending time outdoors and connecting with nature can help strengthen spiritual connection and build confidence.
- Holistic treatment – Using therapies such as acupuncture, massage, reflexology, etc. can help harmonize the Ajna Chakra.
It is important to note that these methods can help harmonize the Ajna Chakra, but a holistic approach including a healthy diet, sufficient sleep and regular physical activity can also contribute to optimal well-being. It is also important to consult a health care professional if you have persistent or severe symptoms.
What are the yoga positions that activate the third eye chakra?
The third eye chakra (Ajna) is associated with inner perception, wisdom and spiritual awareness. The following yoga positions can help activate and harmonize this chakra:
- Sun Salutation (Surya Namaskar)
- Head down position (Sirsasana)
- Lotus positions (Padmasana)
- Positions of the cobra (Bhujangasana)
- Camel positions (Ustrasana)
- Turtle pose (Kurmasana)
- Positions of the lion (Simhasana)
- Positions of the rooster (Kukkutasana)
- Meditation on the third eye chakra (Ajna).
How to unblock the sixth chakra with lithotherapy?
The sixth chakra, or Ajna, is associated with stones such as amethyst, sodalite, fluorite, lapis lazuli, and labradorite. Using these stones in lithotherapy can help to unblock and harmonize the sixth chakra. For example, wearing an amethyst pendant or bracelet or placing a sodalite stone on the forehead during meditation can enhance the powers of intuitive perception and clairvoyance associated with this chakra. Essential oils such as lavender, rosemary, and chamomile can also help unblock the sixth chakra by enhancing inner peace and promoting relaxation.
The third eye chakra, called ajna, is located on the forehead between the eyes and is considered the center of intuition, wisdom and spiritual awareness. It is a very important chakra for our lives, as it helps us connect with our inner world and develop our ability to see beyond appearances. The third eye is often represented by the color indigo and is associated with the pineal gland, which is involved in the production of melatonin and serotonin.
To balance this chakra, it is advisable to practice meditation, yoga and to use incense or stones like lapis lazuli to open and strengthen this energy center. It is also important to pay attention to our thoughts and intuition, as this can help to unblock the third eye chakra. Finally, taking care of our body in general can help strengthen the overall energy system and keep our chakras in balance.
You want to to know more about all the esoteric practices that exist?