The Yomad Buying Guide
A thick, non-slip yoga mat that combines comfort and quality!
The Yomad thick yoga mat is environmentally friendly and comfortable: its 6 mm thickness makes this yoga mat ideal for beginning or occasional yoga, pilates and fitness practice!
The Yomad Yoga Mat is a thick, ecological, quality yoga mat, very comfortable and very cushioning for the joints. It is anti-slip if you don’t sweat or sweat very little. Very light to carry, this yoga mat is reversible, and has a soft but dense foam feel. Odorless, non-toxic and latex-free, is the ecological foam yoga and fitness mat that revolutionizes PVC yoga mats that stick, that you sink into during your exercises and that smell like plastic!
The Yomad yoga mat is both very versatile so suitable for sports or gymnastics and has an excellent quality / price ratio (from 39 eur to 59 eur). Take advantage of the fast delivery and a free carrying strap to equip yourself with this quality floor mat!
The founder of Yogom presents the product herself!
IS THIS FLOOR MAT RIGHT FOR YOU?
- This product is recommended for sports (yoga, fitness, pilates or gymnastics) occasional (1 to 2 times a week)a regular beginner’s or gentle practice indoors (Yoga, Pilates, Fitness). regular indoor practice (Yoga, Pilates, Fitness).
- Very light thick yoga mat (1kg): it is the ideal companion to carry to the studio.
- It is a non-slip mat very comfortable that resists postures with pronounced body pressure (you don’t sink into it during the exercises), with an ideal thickness for a painless session (6mm thick) and in the greatest comfort. It is denser and more resistant than a 6mm PVC carpet without being thicker. The quality and comfort is in the density and material.
- It is moderately non-slip (2/3): sufficiently non-slip if you don’t sweat much or at all. You can see in the pictures a textured effect on each side of the carpet: these engraved patterns give the carpet a strong grip. It is much more non-slip than a PVC foam mat like a sports mat but it is less non-slip than the Star yoga mat (ultra non-slip with little or a lot of perspiration).
- View our performance tests in the head down dog exercise with wet hands: wave side and lotus side
- Its dimensions are ideal to perform the exercises in an easy way: 183 cm x 61 cm
- Manufactured from an environmentally friendly ecological and non-toxic material (thermoplastic elastomer without latex or rubber): to respect the environment but also your needs of yoginis. Learn more about the TPE and the certifications of Yogom yoga mats .
- The thick yoga mat is a reversible floor mat with energizing colors, each of which has a Sanskrit name (Indian language) and therefore a symbolic meaning…
- Also buy the Yomad product in set of mats at discounted prices (150 eur for 5 products)
- If you sweat a lot and/or practice very frequently (more than twice a week especially fitness or intense gymnastics) prefer a yoga mat from the Performance range more resistant and adapted to the people who perspire a lot.
YOMAD YOGA MAT GRIP TEST
Following the request of many yogis about the quality of the grip of the Yogom yoga mats, we decided to make video tests of a downward dog position on each side of the mat in order to show you in picture but also to be able to compare. In order to make this performance test even more comprehensive we decided to conduct these tests with wet hands and force the position to the maximum in order to show you the grip of the mat for a person sweating a lot.
RESULT? A NON-SLIP AND ADHERENT MAT!
The peach skin texture of the elastomer foam gives the Yogom yoga mats a great grip making them very anti-slip. You won’t slip!
WHICH SIDE OF THE YOGA MAT IS THE MOST NON-SLIP?
You can see it on the two videos: the side with the wave patterns (grey side on the video) is more anti-slip than the side with the lotus patterns.
AND FOR PEOPLE WHO SWEAT A LOT A LOT?
As you can see on the two videos, the elastomeric foam is very absorbent, which allows people who sweat a lot to practice safely and not to slip. For all the people who sweat a lot: you will enjoy practicing on the wave side more!
IS TPE MORE OR LESS ANTI-SLIP THAN RUBBER?
Rubber is just as non-slip as TPE. The main difference is in the level of absorption and therefore although rubber is anti-slip, for people who sweat a lot the anti-slip effect disappears because rubber does not absorb perspiration. It is likely that you will slip.
WHAT ABOUT PILATES?
We also recommend YOGOM yoga mats for Pilates practitioners because their 0.6 cm thickness and soft texture make them sufficiently cushioned to perform positions that require support on all 4 limbs at the same time, or certain positions with strong support on the knee.
Discover the Yogom customer reviews !
Don’t wait any longer to order your mat (from 39 eur for some models depending on the stock to 125 eur) and your sustainable and eco friendly yoga and meditation accessories (from 10 eur to 80 eur) online and enjoy the fast delivery. Discover a wide range of products and accessories for yoga, fitness and meditation.