Kundalini Yoga is a spiritual and physical practice that has its own codes and traditions, especially regarding the clothing and accessories used during the practice. The color white is considered a sacred color in the Kundalini Yoga tradition, and is often worn by practitioners during sessions. White is considered symbolic of purity, harmony and clarity of mind, and is often associated with inner peace and wisdom.
Some practitioners like wool yoga mats because of their natural insulating properties and their soft, comfortable texture. Wool rugs can also help create an atmosphere of warmth and comfort during practice, which can be beneficial for some people.
The natural yoga mat made of merino wool
- There is the real sheepskin, but its size is often too small and more appropriate for meditation. This led us to develop a product more adapted to the practice of yoga: a large wool yoga mat.
- Yogom’s natural wool yoga mat is made from natural undyed and untreated wool, making it an eco-friendly and sustainable choice for yoga practitioners.
- The wool is soft and comfortable, while providing a natural grip to help prevent slipping during postures. The carpet is also moisture and odor resistant, easy to clean and maintain.
- Because of its thermoregulatory properties, it is particularly suitable for Kundalini Yoga practices and can be used by practitioners of all levels. Finally the natural yoga mat is certified Woolmark and Oekotex.
- Very big dimensions: 2 m long and 75 cm wide, light and thick, it is a delight to practice Kundalini Yoga on it but also Yin Yoga and relaxation.
Kundalini practice accessories
- The traditional costume for Kundalini Yoga practitioners consists of loose white pants and a white shirt, which are often made of cotton or linen. White clothes are considered symbolic in the practice of this yoga, as they represent purity, energy and inner peace.
- In addition to their costume, practitioners of this discipline may use accessories such as woolen yoga mats, meditation cushions, meditation mats, singing bowls, essential oils and incense to create an atmosphere conducive to practice. They may also use musical instruments such as drums, singing bowls and bells to accompany their meditation practice and mantras.
- It is important to note that white clothing and accessories are considered optional and are not necessary to practice this yoga. They are simply tools that can help practitioners focus and connect more deeply to their practice.
The Yogom Softness Range; wool accessories
- Yogom’s Gentle range of yoga mats and eco-friendly accessories are designed to provide optimal comfort during yoga practice. The products of the Douceur range are made from certified natural wool Woolmark and Standard Oekotex .
- A meditation cushion and a cylindrical bolster cushion, as well as a mini meditation mat and a blanket are part of the Gentle Range. All matched to the floor mat.
- The Gentle line of yoga mats are soft and comfortable, while providing excellent grip to help prevent slipping during postures.
- Accessories in the line include meditation cushions, yoga blocks and yoga straps, all of which are designed to help enhance the practice and make the experience more comfortable.
- By choosing the Gentle line of products, yoga practitioners can ensure that they are using high-quality, eco-friendly products that are both durable and comfortable.
If you don’t know which yoga mat to choose, check out our comparative buying guide: here
What are the beliefs of kundalini yoga practitioners?
Kundalini Yoga practitioners often have deep spiritual and philosophical convictions. Here are some of the common beliefs:
Kundalini: Practitioners believe in the existence of Kundalini, a spiritual energy that is present in every human being and is located at the base of the spine. They believe that the practice of this yoga can help awaken this energy and move it up the spine, bringing a higher state of consciousness.
Chakras: Practitioners believe in the existence of chakras, which are energy centers located along the spine. They believe that the chakras must be balanced and harmonized to achieve a state of physical, mental and emotional well-being.
Spirituality: Practitioners often have deep spiritual convictions, whatever they may be. They often seek to develop a personal spiritual connection, discover their purpose in life, and find emotional and mental balance.
Community: Practitioners may have a strong connection with other practitioners and often see their practice as part of a larger community.
In summary, practitioners of this yoga often have deep spiritual convictions, believe in the existence of Kundalini and the chakras, seek to develop a personal spiritual connection and may have a strong connection with other practitioners.
What are the specificities of Kundalini Yoga?
This yoga is a holistic yoga practice that aims to balance and harmonize the body, mind and soul. Here are some of its specificities:
- The postures: it uses specific postures called “asanas” to stimulate the kundalini energy, which is considered the life force of every human being. Postures are often held for extended periods of time and can be static or dynamic.
- Breathing: This yoga uses specific breathing techniques called “pranayama” to control vital energy and improve the circulation of air and blood in the body. Practitioners can also use chants and mantras to stimulate the breath and balance the chakras.
- Meditation: This yoga uses specific meditation techniques to help practitioners connect with their spiritual nature and reach a state of inner peace and higher consciousness. Meditations can be silent or guided, and can include visualizations, mantras and mudras.
- Music: Music is often used during the practices of this yoga to stimulate vital energy and promote concentration and relaxation.
- Clothing: Kundalini Yoga practitioners often wear white clothing to symbolize purity and clarity of mind, as well as to connect to universal energy.
- Teachings: Kundalini Yoga is based on the teachings of Indian master Yogi Bhajan, who introduced the practice to the United States in the 1960s. The teachings include principles of spirituality, self-awareness and personal development.
In summary, Kundalini Yoga is a holistic yoga practice that uses specific postures, breathing techniques, meditation, music and clothing to balance and harmonize the body, mind and soul, as well as to achieve a state of inner peace and higher consciousness.
The natural yoga mat is one of the most eco-friendly and sustainable choices for yoga practitioners. Made from natural sheep’s wool, its rubber base is non-slip and its covering is very comfortable, with a thickness adapted for Yin yoga postures. Wool carpets are also skin friendly and do not contain toxic products.
At Yogom, we offer a wide range of high quality yoga mats, with different designs, colors and sizes. Our natural wool yoga mat is adaptable to different needs and styles of practice. We also offer matching bolster and zafu pads to complement your practice.
In addition to being eco-friendly, this yoga mat is also durable and long-lasting, making it an ideal choice for travel and indoor yoga classes. We also offer fast and reliable delivery for your yoga mat, as well as complete information about the materials and quality of our products.
In short, if you’re looking for an environmentally friendly and sustainable yoga mat, our soft yoga mat is a great choice. With its comfortable thickness, elegant design and superior quality, this yoga mat is an ideal choice for all yoga practitioners.
Discover also our new cotton bags able to carry the natural floor mat: ideal if you go on a trip. Both mats, the large one and the mini one, have a base made of non-slip rubber material. The Douceur range offers prices from 40€ to 129€. Take advantage of the delivery on our online store.