The Throat Chakra, also called the Vishuddha Chakra, is an important energy center for communication and expression. It is located at the base of the neck, near the thyroid gland, and is associated with the vocal cords and the spine. When this chakra is balanced, we can speak with clarity and confidence, while when it is blocked, it can lead to problems of stress and anxiety.
To balance this chakra, it is recommended to practice specific yoga postures, meditate, burn incense and use natural stones such as Lapis Lazuli. It is also helpful to use essential oils such as rosemary and thyme to strengthen this chakra.
By using a stone bracelet for the Throat Chakra, you can also harmonize your energy. It is important to focus on listening to yourself and others, as well as expressing yourself clearly and authentically to maintain a good balance of this chakra. Meditation can also help release energy blockages and open this chakra for smooth communication in your daily life.
What are the physical and mental symptoms of throat chakra blockage?
Physical symptoms of a throat chakra blockage may include pain or tension in the throat, headaches, sleep problems, voice and breathing problems, and swallowing problems.
Mental symptoms of a throat chakra blockage can include a fear of expressing oneself, shyness, timidity, difficulty communicating clearly, a fear of saying no, and a lack of self-confidence.
There may be several reasons why the Throat Chakra may be blocked. The following factors can contribute to a closed Throat Chakra:
- Fear of self-expression – A constant fear of self-expression can block this chakra, as self-expression is an important aspect of this chakra’s function.
- Repressing emotions – Repressing emotions can block the Throat Chakra, as it is important to be able to express emotions in a healthy way.
- Food Toxins – Poor diet can lead to a build-up of toxins in the body, which can contribute to a closed Throat Chakra.
- Stress and Anxiety – Stress and anxiety can have a negative impact on the Throat Chakra and block its ability to function properly.
- Emotional Injuries – Emotional injuries such as trauma or emotional trauma can also block this chakra.
It is important to recognize potential causes of blockage and work to overcome these challenges to help open and balance the Throat Chakra. This can include practicing meditation and yoga techniques, emotional awareness and open communication, as well as adopting a healthy diet and wellness routine.
How to open and harmonize the throat chakra?
There are several ways to open and harmonize the Throat Chakra:
- Meditation: Meditation can help calm the mind and focus on the Throat Chakra. By focusing your attention on this area, you can feel an awakening of your awareness of this region.
- Yoga: Certain yoga postures can help open the Throat Chakra. For example, postures that stretch the neck and shoulders, such as neck twisting, can help release tension built up in this area.
- Chanting: Chanting, like the OM mantra, can help release emotional blockages and activate the Throat Chakra.
- Talking and expressing yourself: Expressing yourself in a healthy and honest way is an important way to open the Throat Chakra. This may include communicating openly with others, public speaking, or participating in creative activities that allow for self-expression.
- Nutrition: A healthy, hydrating diet can help balance the Throat Chakra. It is important to limit the consumption of processed foods and focus on nutrient-rich natural foods.
It is important to remember that opening and attunement of the chakras is an ongoing process and it can be helpful to work with an experienced therapist or teacher to help explore the root causes of any emotional or spiritual blockage.
What yoga postures to do to open the throat chakra?
Here are some yoga postures that can help open and balance the Throat Chakra (Vishuddha):
- Sarvangasana – This posture helps stimulate the throat area by strengthening the spine and reversing the flow of blood and energy.
- Matsyasana – This posture opens the throat by stretching the neck muscles and strengthening the back muscles.
- Bhujangasana – This posture helps to open the chest and stimulate the throat chakra by strengthening the muscles of the spine.
- Halasana – This posture helps to relax the neck and throat muscles by stretching the spine.
- Simhasana – This posture helps to stimulate the throat by stretching the mouth area and strengthening the muscles of the jaw and tongue.
It is important to remember that yoga postures are only one part of a complete routine to balance the chakras. Meditation, the use of essential oils and natural stones, and the practice of conscious breathing can also be helpful in opening and balancing the Throat Chakra.
Practice this video session to open the throat chakra: see the video
How to use lithotherapy to heal the chakras?
Lithotherapy is a practice that uses the healing properties of stones and crystals to balance the chakras and improve physical and emotional well-being. The stones and crystals are chosen according to their specific energetic vibration, which corresponds to that of a given chakra.
For example, for a blockage in the throat chakra, stones such as azurite, aquamarine or turquoise can be used to enhance communication and self-confidence, and help to unblock stagnant energies in that area.
It is important to note that lithotherapy is considered a complementary approach to health and is not intended to replace professional medical care.
Chakras are energy centers located in the body that influence our emotional and spiritual life. Each one is associated with a color, a yoga posture, an essential oil, a mineral and even a horoscope. The throat chakra, called Vishuddha, is the fifth chakra and is associated with the color turquoise. He is responsible for communication, expression and creativity.
When the throat chakra is out of balance, it can cause blockages in our expression and communication. This can be manifested by repressed emotions, lack of self-confidence and a weak voice. To unblock this stagnant energy, it is recommended to practice meditation, yoga and to wear a bracelet or a stone of turquoise color.
The use of incense and essential oils can also help balance this chakra. For example, thyroid oil can help open the airways for better expression and lavender can help calm emotions and promote communication.
It is also important to take care of your voice by drinking enough water and avoiding harmful habits such as smoking. Finally, it is recommended to work on our level of consciousness to let truth and love express themselves freely in our daily lives.
It is recommended that you take a class or consult a therapist to learn more about the chakras and how to unblock them to improve your physical and emotional well-being.
See our complete file on esotericism and all these practices.